author: Sunny Zhou
Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in most countries such as: China, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, France, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Macau, China, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Switzerland Turkey, UK, USA, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, etc.
Origin of Father's Day：
The idea of dedicating a day to honor mothers was first proposed in 1907 in the U.S. Two years later Mrs. John Bruce Dodd, a woman in Washington State, proposed that a day similar to Mother's Day should be dedicated to honor the head of the family, his father. Mrs. Dodd lost her mother at a young age and was raised by her father. She loved her father very much.
In 1909, the same year Mrs. Dodd came up with her idea, the governor of Washington State responded by declaring the third Sunday in June as Father's Day. The idea was officially approved by President Woodrow Wilson in 1896, and in 1924, President Calvin Coolidge proposed making Father's Day a national holiday in order to "establish a closer relationship between fathers and children and to remind fathers of their full responsibilities. The red or white rose is the recognized flower for Father's Day.
During World War II, American servicemen stationed in England asked for Father's Day cards to be sent home. The American servicemen's request was responded to by British greeting card publishers, and as a result, cards were printed. Although the British public was a little slower to embrace this artificial holiday, today Father's Day is also celebrated enthusiastically in Britain on the third Sunday in June, much in the same way as it is in the United States.
Father's Day seems to be far less important than Mother's Day, and no children give gifts to their fathers. Still, American fathers consider themselves much better off than fathers in many other countries, where fathers do not even have a nominal holiday.
Father's Day customs：
On Father's Day, specific flowers are chosen to show respect for fathers. Red or white roses are the recognized flowers for Father's Day. Yellow roses are also usually given as the main flower, and some countries regard yellow as the color of men. In some countries it is popular to send sunflowers for Father's Day, signifying that fathers are like the great sun. Everything grows by the sun and it means that it is with the love and care of the father that the children can grow strong. This sun flower can be a sunflower or a fuchsias.
Later in Vancouver, people chose to wear white lilacs and Pennsylvanians paid tribute to their fathers with dandelions. Red or white roses are recognized as the holiday flower for Father's Day. Father's Day was established as a holiday throughout the United States and took a little longer to pass than Mother's Day. Because the idea of establishing Father's Day was so popular, businessmen and manufacturers began to see business opportunities. They not only encouraged those who were children to send cards to their fathers, but also encouraged them to buy small gifts like ties and socks to give to their fathers as a token of respect.
So, Father's Day is coming, do you have a gift for your dear father?
- Bandage Dress Trend 2022-09-22 425
- Have you ever been troubled by the supplier's inability to solve the after-sales problem 2022-08-19 510
- 10 Top Fashion Trends from AW22 Fashion Week 2022-08-05 512
- FW23 Fashion Trends 2022-07-21 414
- Skirts over Pants Are Back 2022-07-15 406
- What is Better Than One Corset? Two! 2022-07-07 460
- Why Does Sales Volume Still Double Growth in Such Tough Times 2022-07-02 511
- Summer Fashion Trends 2022-06-23 482
- The Platinum Jubilee Celebration 2022-06-08 260
- Just Make It Ruched 2022-06-02 285
- Dont Miss A Tour of Humen International Fabric Market 2022-05-27 316
- Fall 2022 Trend: Tank Tops 2022-05-16 239
- About Mother's Day 2022-05-12 333
- Be a Sweet Girl in the Spring 2022-05-07 242
- Spring/Summer 2022 Fashion Trends 2022-04-28 214
- This Year Will Be The Year of Sheer Dress 2022-04-22 209
- Kelly Green Everything Everywhere 2022-04-15 223
- Weekly Learning for A Professional Business Team 2022-02-26 221
- A Good Team Need A Good Management 2022-02-26 219
- Congratulation to A Great Success to Kaouyou Clothing Annual Meeting 2022-02-26 200