Fall 2022 Trend: Tank Tops
author: Richard Wu
Fall 2022 Trend: Tank Tops
The retro influences of the ’90s — or a need for an overall fashion reset — was what came to mind when the basic yet absolutely timeless tank top was seen everywhere during the fall collections.
The comeback the tank top — often paired with basic blue jeans and traditional suit looks, white shirtings and the classic black dress — signaled a fashion-back-to-basics approach of sorts. That reset mentality came through loud and clear at Matthieu Blazy’s debut collection for Bottega Veneta, where he opened his display with a series of palette-cleanser outfits of white tank tops and blue jean-looking trousers. The ensembles were reminiscent of the American brand Calvin Klein, where he served as design director under Raf Simons.
When it came to Chloé, Gabriela Hearst opted for austere minimalism where the white tank top paired with sleek leather trousers and cowboy boots spoke to her love for a different type of power dressing, which proved extremely effective. The minimalism approach was also seen in sleek boxy tailoring and top coats.
The Belgium-based brand Ester Manas used tank tops as the ultimate layering piece under sheer ruched dresses and peephole knit pieces, adding a cool and sensual touch to their size-inclusive creations.
At Telfar, the acclaimed designer presented a different take on the iconic basic. As part of an exercise in deconstructed sportswear, tank tops came as oversize boxy styles layered over athletic bra tops, asymmetric body-hugging athletic designs and as elongated tank dresses. Other experimental pieces included sports jerseys with playful cutouts and extra-long skirts all bearing the brand’s logo. His work dressing the Liberian team at the Tokyo Summer Olympics evidently inspired this gold-medal-winning collection.
Schiaparelli designer Daniel Roseberry used a black leather tank top as part of his fall collection, which included a more approachable take on his award-winning red carpet and high-fashion creations. “It’s just about making things wearable and real, but strong at the same time,” he said, and the tank, too, was the way to go.
Other memorable moments included transparent styles at Loewe and Sacai, deconstructed metallic designs at Eckhaus Latta, and the merchandise-friendly classic white Prada tank top with the iconic triangular logo emblazoned on the front.
Tank tops is an enduring fashion item, will you choose it?
- Bandage Dress Trend 2022-09-22 425
- Have you ever been troubled by the supplier's inability to solve the after-sales problem 2022-08-19 510
- 10 Top Fashion Trends from AW22 Fashion Week 2022-08-05 512
- FW23 Fashion Trends 2022-07-21 414
- Skirts over Pants Are Back 2022-07-15 406
- What is Better Than One Corset? Two! 2022-07-07 460
- Why Does Sales Volume Still Double Growth in Such Tough Times 2022-07-02 510
- Summer Fashion Trends 2022-06-23 482
- Father's Day 2022-06-14 377
- The Platinum Jubilee Celebration 2022-06-08 259
- Just Make It Ruched 2022-06-02 285
- Dont Miss A Tour of Humen International Fabric Market 2022-05-27 316
- About Mother's Day 2022-05-12 333
- Be a Sweet Girl in the Spring 2022-05-07 242
- Spring/Summer 2022 Fashion Trends 2022-04-28 214
- This Year Will Be The Year of Sheer Dress 2022-04-22 208
- Kelly Green Everything Everywhere 2022-04-15 223
- Weekly Learning for A Professional Business Team 2022-02-26 221
- A Good Team Need A Good Management 2022-02-26 219
- Congratulation to A Great Success to Kaouyou Clothing Annual Meeting 2022-02-26 200