This Year Will Be The Year of Sheer Dress
author: Walt Kong
This Year Will Be The Year of Sheer Dress.
If you weren't already aware, we're very much here for the transparent trend. Whether cut from organza, tulle, or lace, the "naked" dress is a solidified celebrity favorite, with everyone from Ashley Graham to Bella Hadid repping the see-through style with killer confidence. The sheer trend is a tough one to nail down because the idea of wearing something completely see-through is pretty daunting.
When done right, 'nearly-naked' looks strike that hard-to-reach sweet spot between being sartorially sensual and super chic without even a hint of awkwardness or discomfort for either the wearer or the observer.
But how to jump that sweet spot would be most of our problem
Maybe our favourite A-listers will show us how to.
At the recent Met Gala in New York, many stars showed us their sheer dresses
Julia Garner wore a 132,240 crystal mesh dress by Stella McCartney.
Irina Shayk wore a sheer flower-embellished Moschino dress with the most stunning train.
Zoë Kravitz at the Met Gala
Adut Akech at the 2021 VMAs
Ciara at the 2021 VMAs
Abby Roberts at The Brits 2022
Rebecca Hall at the BAFTAs 2022
Ellie Bamber at the BAFTAs 2022
- Bandage Dress Trend 2022-09-22 11
- Have you ever been troubled by the supplier's inability to solve the after-sales problem 2022-08-19 26
- 10 Top Fashion Trends from AW22 Fashion Week 2022-08-05 35
- FW23 Fashion Trends 2022-07-21 26
- Skirts over Pants Are Back 2022-07-15 30
- What is Better Than One Corset? Two! 2022-07-07 28
- Why Does Sales Volume Still Double Growth in Such Tough Times 2022-07-02 29
- Summer Fashion Trends 2022-06-23 26